Wednesday, February 22, 2017

When Calls the Heart

Hi Terri Reed here, as you may know I've become a huge Hallmark Channel fan. Especially as I've seen books, by authors I have read and authors that I have met, made into movies. I've been fascinated with the process of taking a book and changing the medium and still delivering a good story with compelling characters.

I just saw this sweepstakes today for a chance to visit the set of When Calls the Heart.  Here's the link that will take you to the Hallmark Channel page where you can enter. (The picture won't take you there)
http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/when-calls-the-heart/sweepstakes




This series is based on books by author Janette Oke who is a Canadian author and pioneer of inspirational fiction. Her books are often set in a pioneer era and centered on female protagonists. 
From my research, I see that her first book came out in 1979-Love Comes Softly, which is a series that has also been made into movies. 

This past fall a fellow Love Inspired Author, Teri Wilson,  had a book made into a movie. If you have an opportunity to watch this fun story you'll be glad you did. 




2 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

I haven't watched "When Calls the Heart," although I bought all Janette Oke's books when my daughter was young. She loved the stories!

I did watch Teri Wilson's Hallmark movie. So fun to know the author who started it all!!!

Margaret Daley said...

I love Hallmark movies and shows.