Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Not One Word


Howdy, Pamela Tracy here.  I was a writer before I married, meaning I was on deadline during my honeymoon.   I sold my first book to Harlequin when I was eight months pregnant.  I didn't write while I was in the hospital :)

Really, I think the four days I spent in the hospital after having my son were the last Tracy adventure where I didn't write.

Until this past weekend.

We went camping.

If you look at bygones days from the blog, I post about camping a lot.  And, usually, you see a picture of me typing while looking at awesome views.

Not this time.

We were too busy.

Oh, and while I didn't type a word - I got a new story idea, so it was still a working holiday.


Our spot, right by a stream.
This was an accidental find.
See, our usually spot was closed due to snow.
Yes, that's right.  My family camps in snow.
Don't look at me!
That's my husband's idea.
Me, I'm happy those roads were closed so we could camp by a stream.

Boys still whittle.
At least mine does.
While his dog looks on.

I definitely advise campers to find a stream.
We listened to the running water all night.
Awesome


The boys built boats out of wood, paper plates, and whatever they could find.

We went looking for geodes.
The boys climbed down an embankment and found a cave.
My son was willing to explore.
I'm very good with the word "NO"

Much of our adventures are done on quads.

Two bridges.
The left is the last remaining Arizona bridge made by the CCC
during Franklin Roosevelt's effort to provide work
during a depressed time.
All the rest were destroyed when building new bridges.
The right is the new bridge, big enough to accommodate two vehicles.

Not only are we standing on an historical site
we're also being photo bombed on an historical site
Don't worry
We know them

We found Slide Rock
But, the water is snow run-off
Our feet got very cold

My favorite moment
Me and little me
Hope you got some ideas from my weekend.  LOL

5 comments:

Christine Johnson said...

Looks like a fun and adventure-packed weekend! I'm a firm believer in time off to renew and refresh. (And get new story ideas.)

Pamela Tracy said...

We had a blast :)

Terri Reed said...

You are a brave woman. My idea of camping is a yurt or a hotel room.

Margaret Daley said...

I love those kind of breaks. Beautiful pictures.

Deb Kastner said...

Lovely! Especially the last picture. =)