Sunday, March 21, 2010
Hero Interview for His Texas Bride
Interview with the hero from His Texas Bride by Deb Kastner:
1. Buck, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I have a very strong connection with horses. No matter how I’m feeling or what problems I’m facing, working with horses always makes me feel better.
2. What do you do for fun?
Ride my horse, Storm. I don’t remember the last time that I did anything just for fun.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Telling Ellie the truth about why I left her all those years ago.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m most afraid of my son Tyler being hurt, and of losing Ellie all over again.
5. What do you want out of life?
I want to own my own horse ranch and have a family again.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
My son, Tyler.
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
No. But I probably should try to read the Bible more often.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would change how stubborn I am, and I would like to be able to communicate with people the way I do with horses. People are much harder to understand.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have my horse. And Ellie has a gazillion animals running around on her therapy ranch.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I would go back to the day I graduated from high school and left Ellie and the town of Ferrell, Texas behind. If I could do that day all over again, I would have stayed and married Ellie. And I would have spent more time with my mother before she died.