Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's that time of year again...time to prepare our favorite traditional dishes and spend time with loved ones. Do you have recipes you fix every year? I do. I'm responsible for deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and homemade mac and cheese. I mix it up each year with different desserts. I'm in the mood for chocolate, so I'm making a chocolate cake with Oreo cookie filling. I can't wait to dig into my mom's cornbread dressing and pretzel and raspberry jello salad. I'm sure I'll eat too much and eventually get tired of the leftovers. But as much as I enjoy the food, I treasure the fellowship more.
For many years, my husband was in the Marine Corps. We were stationed in another state and didn't get to make it home for every holiday. I'm thankful we are now within a few minutes drive of my family. And that's what this season is about, isn't it? Being thankful. Reflecting on the many blessings God has given us. I have a lot to praise Him for...my husband and three sons, good health, a home, the ability to stay home and teach my kids and also write romance novels. Oh, and two standard poodles that make me laugh every day.
What are you thankful for this year?

The chocolate Oreo cake

Two crazy adorable poodles, Venus and Jupiter

My November release, available now!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Karen!! I'm so thankful for family and friends---old and new--and for the memories of lovely, elegant Thanksgiving dinners with my beloved mom. Now that she's gone, I'm doing the majority of the cooking myself--so I recreate all my favorites! I especially love the dressing recipe I inherited from her! We've added in some new traditions as well--like my sister's grape salad and my son's fabulous buttermilk pie! Wishing you and everyone else a joyful and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel, memories of our loved ones are so precious. Recreating some of those traditions helps keep those memories alive. I lost my dad in 2011, so I understand what that's like. I haven't tried buttermilk pie, but my niece's husband makes it sometimes. It looks yummy! There are always so many options on holidays that I don't always get to sample each one. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! There's so much to be thankful for, but on this day I'm especially grateful that I can spend time with my parents and with family. That's what makes the day special...stories, laughter and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do you and your family rehash the same stories every year? I know we do. And we laugh as if we haven't heard them before. :)
      Happy Thanksgiving, Christine.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! That oreo cake looks yummy! I'm thankful that God loves me, in spite of myself and just like I am. I'm thankful for family, especially my hubby. And I am thankful for the wonderful Christian authors who write delightful books for us to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Karen. That cake looks amazing. I'm responsible for Mac n' cheese too. Green beans. Mashed potatoes and a few pies. I'm so thankful this year for good health and the love of family and friends. I'm able to work in my dream job of writing romance. What more could a girl ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my family and my health and our loving Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to all readers!!! I am thankful for my Faith, Family, Friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for health, work, education, freedom, family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yow, that cake! Or should I say, "Yum."
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive