Friday, October 19, 2018

Our Scottish Adventure

Hi Terri Reed here. This year my husband and I celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary. We decided to take a trip to Scotland and Ireland.
Today I'll share some of our pictures from Scotland.  Next time I post I'll share some from Ireland.

We spent four wonderful days in Edinburgh. I love this town and the country. I really hope to go back to explore more of Scotland.
The train to Stirling 
One of the highlights was the Royal Military Tattoo. Military bands from around the world performed.
There were so many stairs to take, hills to walk and sights to see.  Here's a few pictures for you to enjoy.


Street in Edinburgh

The double decker red bus tour

statue of Robert the Bruce at Stirling Castle
The finale at the tattoo with all the performers
Edinburgh Castle

Prince Street Gardens-this is a monument to Sir Walter Scott
You can see Edinburgh Castle in the background at the top of the hill.
Loved all the bagpipers. 
Doorway to the chapel at Stirling Castle. I'm 5'7 and had to duck.

The USAF Honor Guard

And just in time for Christmas...

12 comments:

  1. Loved the photos of Scotland, Terri. Can't wait to go to Ireland, next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I will post them soon. It may be in a few posts as we spent ten days touring the southern part of the island.

      Delete
  2. Terri, what fun! Thank you for sharing these pictures. I must confess, I'm not a big fan of bagpipes. But you have to admire the self-confidence of a man who is willing to dress up in a skirt (okay, a kilt) and marching around making that kind of noise.
    Scotland is so beautiful that I'm willing to put up with the bagpipes for the sake of the scenery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say standing that close was too loud! Lol.

      Delete

  3. Hi Terri! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous travel photos. Scotland and Ireland are definitely on my bucket list of places to go see. I love the idea of seeing a castle up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dragged my dear hubby to so many by the end he was groaning. But he’s glad to have seen the places and get a bit of the history.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love the statue of Robert the Bruce! I want to go there. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day at the castle. In fact we had great weather the whole time.

      Delete
  5. I guess the videos don’t play. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! My husband and I were in Scotland and Ireland in June. We had a great visit and wandered through the Castle and had dinner near the Robert the Bruce statue with the traditional haggis. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive