Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Bad!

It is my turn to blog today and I nearly forgot. My bad! (as my grandson says, but I'm not sure why) Of the many fruitless things I've done today how is it that I can forget to stop for a few minutes and praise God here among my friends? How do we so easily let life run away with us?

Okay, the cat's out of the bag. Now you know I'm not much of a planner. Oh, I mark things on the calendar. I make lists, but I usually forget them on the kitchen table and don't remember them until I'm in the produce aisle at the grocery store. My mind is packed with pointless facts I will never need unless I get a ride in the Cash Cab some day. I hurry from one crisis to another and all the while I think, Why do I do this to myself? Why not slow down and breathe?

I want to change but at 56 I'm not sure that's really an option.
Does anyone else have this trouble or am I the only scatterbrain here?

I think the real reason is that I often feel I'm the one in charge of stuff. I get lost in the "stuff" of everyday life and I forget who is really in charge.

I'm so glad I noticed the Blog in big letters on my calendar this evening. Thanks Craftie Ladies of Romance for giving me a chance to stop and praise Him here among my friends. It does my heart and soul good to be here.

Blessings,
Pat Davids

7 comments:

  1. I often forget to stop and grab things on my way out the door.. I make grocery list and then realize I don't have it when I get to the store and I am 24 so I don't think its just you. Have a good day.
    Jphillips1107@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, Pat - - it's not just you! We've all got so many distractions now (especially moms, because we ARE in charge of lots of stuff-LOL!). For several years now, my daughters have been kindly telling me I'm a little on the "air-headed" side (they say it with love, of course!) so I just smile and remind them they'll be like me one day. Blessings, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I love the Cash Cab and hope to see you win a bunch of money on there someday! :)

    I do the same thing. I rush around and feel like my head is spinning or on backwards. I think we all do it. But you're right. We need to slow down and enjoy life!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week i seem to forget to pick things up as I'm headed for the door. I think it's mainly in the morning and I'm am sooo not a morning person that I look at the time and suddenly realise I'm going to be late for work so I grab my bag, lunch and shoes and run for the car and remember when I'm at a traffic light or when I get I work oops I forgot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YEAH!!! I've turned into quite the scatterbrain the last few months.

    Seems like writing did that to me....hmmmm.....

    Never fear, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I never was an organized person, but lately I'm getting worse. Writing under deadlines is making me crazy. I told my husband what I needed was a wife. Someone to cook, clean, pay bills, shop for groceries, make dentist appointment. He just laughed and said the idea of two women trying to run this house was way more than he could take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I usually am a planner, but every once and a while things sneak by me. It happens. I do have a planner next to my computer with my life in it. If I lose that, nothing will get done. Now if only I remember to read it each day.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive