Friday, January 30, 2009

A Blogging We Will Go


I've never minded being a last minute blogger. As a matter of fact, I wish it were my turn more often. Why? Well, I like Blogging. True. Really. And, I was a Blogger-Come-Lately. A few years ago, when a master Blogger spoke at my local RWA chapter, I wrote a chapter while she gave her spiel. I even (gasp) threw away her handout.

Then, when I sold to Love Inspired Suspense, suddenly I felt the need to Blog. I had to have a presence, do something. And, whallah (sp?) a Blogger was born. It helped that my friend Lisa Mondello sold when I did, where I did, and got bitten by the Blogger bug also.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about why I Blog. Recently, on a loop I am on, somebody posted that unless you started Blogging in the early 2000s, then Blogging is a waste of time. It's caused a flurry of discussion and I'm reading with interest, but truthfully, no matter the outcome. I like to Blog. It feels like I'm touching base with people I can't see, readers and fellow writers both. There are times when I read the comments or make a comment, where I feel like I'm with my friends - good friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a day late commenting but I would like to say I very much like to read author's blogs to see what they have to say. I like it even more when the author's comment on the comments because it makes me feel like they care about their readers.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive