Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Sheriff's Runaway Bride Interview

How exciting to have Kylie Jones, the heroine from THE SHERIFF'S RUNAWAY BRIDE by Arlene James, a August 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Kylie, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I'm not really a waitress, you know. Well, I am a waitress, but I'm also a wedding planner. Or I was, back in Denver before everything went south with my family.

2. What do you do for fun?

Everything's pretty much about my family. We all work very hard, so when we have down time, we tend to rent a movie and butter some popcorn. My social life revolves around church and my friends there.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Balancing my checkbook. There's never enough money anymore. We're all stretched paper thin since Dad got into that ranching deal with old Samuel Clayton.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I'm afraid my sister won't have even the opportunities that I've had to get a good education and pursue her dreams. I even wonder if I'll have the chance to use my education.

5. What do you want out of life?

I want my folks to get out from under the financial burden that has hamstrung our family. Then my baby sister can go to college and maybe, just maybe, I can find a way to plan weddings for a living. And, of course, it would be nice to plan my own wedding sometime--to the RIGHT guy, this time.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

The people I love are my life. Without them…I don't even want to think about it.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I don't have much time to read, frankly, but when I get a chance, I have to say that I enjoy a good romance novel. Sometimes I like to read about the ultimate alpha hero who sweeps in and rescues the girl, and sometimes I want a book about a spunky heroine who shows her guy what it means to really love with all one's heart.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

A Christian is not supposed to worry, and I truly believe that God has a plan for each of His children and answers their prayers, but I have to admit that I spend too much time fearing the worse and wondering how to avoid it. I wish I had more faith, that I could just trust in God's promises and let go of all these worries. I'm working on it, but sometimes it feels like really slow going.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

We have a cat, sort of, a really arrogant tom named Toughie. He shows up whenever he wants, invites himself in and stretches out in front of the fire. I think he belonged to the people we bought our place from, but he either didn't want to move away with them or they left without him. Either way, Toughie kind of moved in when we did, but he takes off again frequently.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

Could I go back to the day when my dad decided to go into business with Samuel? If so, I'd convince him not to do it! Barring that, however, I'd go back to the Medieval era. It's such a romantic time--at least in books.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. I'll be sure to add it to my "to be read" pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to stop coming here;)
    I see all these cool books and need to buy them. This book looks so good!
    (only issue is I have so many books already)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Jen, so many books so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive