Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Loner's Thanksgiving Wish by Roxanne Rustand

How exciting to have Mei Clayton, the heroine of The Loner's Thanksgiving Wish, visit with us today! This book, written by Roxanne Rustand, is a November 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance.
1. Mei, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
As a child, I was adopted and brought to America by a rural physician and his wife. I was so blessed to be given endless opportunities in this wonderful country, to pursue an education and reach my dreams. But being adopted into the Clayton family wasn't all roses and sunshine. Coming to terms with my past, healing old emotional wounds and finally becoming a happy, well-adjusted adult has been a lifelong process. Now, I understand so much more about the complexities and conflicts in my family, and can fully embrace my life. The saying about needing to love yourself before you can love others is so true.
2. What do you do for fun?
People laugh in disbelief when I say this, because I look more far more fragile than I am, but I love rock climbing up in the mountains and long distance hikes on my favorite trails.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I actually have put off coming back to my home town for years. I don’t have a lot of happy memories of my childhood. My grandfather openly disliked me, my cousins always seemed distant, and I never felt I really fit in anywhere until I went away to college.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Has that ever changed! I used to be terrified of standing in front of people--I could barely speak, I was so shy. But I love kids and I found that I love teaching, and now that fear is gone. Becoming an adult made a difference as well. I no longer worry about what people think of me, and have much more confidence.
5. What is the most important thing to you?
That has changed a lot too, especially recently. I used to take my faith for granted--going to church was just something I did now and then, because I was "supposed to." Now my faith is far more personal and is a big part of my life. I find my life is enriched in so many ways by making it a priority.
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I'm an avid reader. Fiction, non-fiction, news magazines--but my favorite books are romantic suspense.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I look back, and when I felt like I didn’t really belong anywhere and thought some of the townsfolk were being judgmental about me, I was actually being judgmental about them. I made false assumptions and withdrew before giving people a chance. Now that I'm back in my hometown, I've been working hard to change.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have a giant, fluffy dog named Moose, and for good reason!
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I would love to travel back in time to the cowboy days here in Colorado. Not for a long stay, but long enough to visit with the amazing strong, resourceful women who helped settled this rugged part of the country. Today, we stew about traffic jams and minor inconveniences. Those women faced life and death situations all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great Roxanne Rustand story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to advertise a book. You just sold one with this interview! Well, and the fact that Mei has a dog named Moose. Gotta love that, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive