By Debby Giusti
This time next week, I’ll be on my way to
, to attend the National Romance
Writers of America Conference. Each year
approximately 2,000 writers attend the Wednesday through Sunday event that
spotlights romance and the publishing industry. Anaheim, California
Ever wonder why published authors go to writing conferences?
Here’s my list of reasons:
1. Attend workshops given by leading professionals in the publishing industry.
2. Hear bestselling authors discuss their work and the techniques they use in their writing.
3. Meet with Love Inspired editors and learn their vision for the upcoming year.
4. Connect with my agent and work on career planning.
5. Participate in the “Readers for Life” charity book signing that raises thousands of dollars to aid literacy. (If you’re there, be sure to say hello. I’ll be at Table 407.)
6. Brainstorm with the Craftie Ladies of Romance about how to grow our blog.
7. Reconnect with writing friends I haven’t seen since the last conference.
8. Offer encouragement to those just starting on their journey to publication.
9. Make new friends.
10. Be open to what God has in store for me.
Hope to see you at the conference.
Check out my Seekerville blog tomorrow. I’ll talk about Writing Conferences Across America.
Watch for THE COLONEL’S DAUGHTER, the third book in my Military Investigations series, in bookstores this August.
THE COLONEL’S DAUGHTER
By Debby Giusti
A ruthless killer is targeting the families of soldiers in a U.S. Army
colonel’s brigade. Special agent Jamison Steele, of the Criminal
Investigation Division, vows to stop him—because this time,
Jamison’s heart is involved. The colonel’s daughter, the woman who loved and left Jamison without a word, came face-to-face with the murderer. Protecting Michele Logan means constant surveillance. And solving the mystery of the serial killer’s motive requires asking Michele the questions she least wants to answer. Questions that may lead them both into a deadly trap.