Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Gift of Family Interview


How exciting to have Cole Prescott, the hero from The Gift of Family (Smoky Mountain Christmas) written by Karen Kirst, an October 2012 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.     Cole, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

If you ask the folks of Gatlinburg, Tennessee, they’d likely say I’m not interesting.  They’d say I’m trouble.  All because my father stole church funds and hightailed it outta town.  They think that because I look like him, I must be like him so most everyone keeps their distance.

  
2.     What do you do for fun?

I don’t really do fun.  But I do get satisfaction from building things.  Guess that’s why I volunteered to make the props for this year’s Christmas pageant.  Oh, and to help my estranged wife Rachel out.

3.     What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Growing up an outsider, I learned to bury my emotions.  To keep people at a distance.  So I don’t like to examine my growing emotions for my wife.

4.     What are you afraid of most in life?

Now that I know about my daughter, Abby, I’m most afraid of losing my chance to be a father to her.  My wife and I had a forced marriage, and when she started to matter too much, I bolted.  I’m afraid Rachel won’t give me another chance.  I’m also concerned about the unidentified men who are trying to run me outta town.  I will do anything to protect my family.

5.     What do you want out of life?

I want another chance with my family.

6.     What is the most important thing to you?

My wife and daughter’s happiness.  I want to have good standing in this town so that they won’t be ostracized like me.

7.     If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

I would go back to the night I left and, instead of running, stay and face my feelings.  I would have the courage to open my heart.  By running away, I missed out on the birth of my daughter. 

8.     Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets, but little Abby already has me wrapped around her finger.  When she gets a little older, I’ll get her a kitten.


2 comments:

  1. good story Karen and with the attitude Cole has I would say he is going to get that second chance...
    thanks for sharing.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    Thanks for stopping by! I agree Cole is one determined man. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive