How exciting to have Carl King the hero from The Shepherd's Bride written by Patricia Davids an April 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance.
1. Carl, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
There isn't much to tell. I live on a sheep farm in Amish country. Few people know it where I live now, but I'm ex-Amish. I've been shunned by my community and my family.
2. What do you do for fun?
Not much. I live alone. I like it that way. I spend time outdoors keeping an eye on the sheep. I love the freedom of being out among the sheep and keeping them safe.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I put off getting the mail. Every week I get a letter from someone I love, and I can't answer it. I don't even read them anymore. I burn them unopened, but each week another one comes.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
That I will never be forgiven for the choice I made.
5. What is the most important thing to you?
Staying hidden and keeping my growing love for Lizzie hidden, too.
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I don't read much. I used to, but now I avoid things that remind me of my past life.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would chance my past. I would undo the mistake that separated me from my family.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don't know if you can call Duncan a pet, but he's a dog. A sheep dog and a fine one. He found me at a very low point in my life. He was just a pup who needed someone to look after him. I didn't know he was actually looking after me. He brought me to this place, a place of refuge for me and gave my life purpose. I think he was sent by God. Lizzie, the farmer's granddaughter thinks he was, too.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
You have no idea how many times I wake from my nightmares wishing the same thing. "Please, God. Let me go back and die with courage instead of living with this shame. And please, don't let Lizzie find out what I've done."