Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Guilty Pleasures

Mindy Obenhaus here, and today we're talking about guilty pleasures. Everybody's got at least one. Maybe it's something chocolaty or, perhaps, a favorite book that you've read over and over.

Some guilty pleasures are really more like well-known facts, while others we keep quietly to ourselves.

Today, though, I'm throwing open the doors and sharing a few of my guilty pleasures. Those things that I probably shouldn't be indulging in, but on occasion, I just can't resist.

You know, everyone needs a little sugar sometimes. Like when I'm driving alone in my car and there are no children around to tell me the error of my ways.   



Ha! I bet that's not what you were thinking. ;)

Chocolate.
But not just any chocolate. This is Mouse's Chocolate and it is, by far, the best chocolate I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth. Luckily, you can only find Mouse's Chocolate in Ouray, Colorado. Since I happen to be in Texas, this is definitely one guilty pleasure I don't often get to indulge in.

This next guilty pleasure is one that I probably spend a little too much time indulging in. Meaning that, if I'm not careful, it can quickly become a time-sucker, so I have to treat it more as a reward.
For those of you who may not be familiar with this, it is a game one can play on their phone or tablet. Some may think it's childish, but I don't care. It challenges me and that's why I like it.

Dancing.
Whether on the dance floor, in my car or in my kitchen, when I hear music, I just gotta move. 

Okay, enough about me. Now let's see if you're willing to take a turn in the hot-seat.
Tell us about one of your guilty pleasures.


It took Mindy Obenhaus forty years to figure out what she wanted to do when she grew up. But once God called her to write, she never looked back. She’s passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. Mindy lives in Texas with her husband and kids. When she’s not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Find more at www.MindyObenhaus.com.

13 comments:

  1. Good morning! I love your Guilty Pleasures e-mail! I really enjoyed that YouTube link to Sugar Sugar by the Archies, really great tune there! A couple of my guilty pleasures are also chocolate, I especially love Dove chocolate candies, and there is a company called See's that does some really delicious chocolates. I also enjoy reading Christian (and other genres) romances. They allow me to escape for a while, which we all need from time to time I think. I am hoping to read one of your books soon, I will have to look in my public library and see what I can find. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guilty pleasure is organizing anything into an Excel spreadsheet. I was also going to say reading romance novels, but I don't feel guilty about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. You shared a video of one of my favorite childhood songs! I'm pretty sure that's one of the ones that came free stamped on the back of a cereal box. You cut it out and played it (all warbled sounding LOL) on the record player!

    My most recent guilty pleasure is peanut butter M&M's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark chocolate. And desserts. Sigh. Love the post, Mindy! The Archies were a total favorite of mine when I was a kid. Thanks for the "blast from the past."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaniesmum, Dove dark chocolate is one of my favorites, too. I've heard a lot about See's, though I can't say I've ever tried them. However, in the spirit of equal opportunity, I think it's only fair I do try one whenever I finally come across them. :)

    And you are definitely right about reading being an escape. I hope you'll be able to do that with one of my books someday. :) My next Love Inspired release, A Father's Second Chance, is due out in August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, I think you should come hang out with me for a while. First, I could use some spreadsheets and then you can teach me how to navigate Excel. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers those cereal-box records. Bobby Sherman is the one that comes to mind, however I don't recall the title. I do remember taking it to elementary school one day when the teacher allowed us to bring our favorite records. She tried forever to get that thing to play right, then finally told me that next time I should bring a record that wasn't cardboard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weren't the Archies fun, Christine? Except Reggie and Veronica used to bug me. Everyone knew that Betty was the girl for Archie.

    Desserts-make that anything sweet-are definitely a challenge for me. Like the ones they serve at ACFW. Yep, those are definitely a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to dance & indulge in small amounts of dark chocolate, but no guilt involved--exercise and healthy for you. :D Free cell on the computer would be the one activity I usually regret doing...time sucker. But...it does keep those little gray cells active. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra, we have to be careful with those time-sucking indulgences, don't we? I guess it's like anything else, good for us in moderation, but too much will take a toll. In this case, on our productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between a full time job, writing, being involved in church, a ten year old (ACTIVE) and a husband, my guilty pleasure is...
    sometimes when a meeting gets over early, and I'm driving home alone, I'll stop (at a library, Starbucks, Denny's) and just sit and read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo...that's a good one, Pamela. And an indulgence you definitely deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my guilty pleasures is cinnamon chip scones. I rarely eat sweets, but I allow myself this delight. When my husband makes a batch for me, it disappears in no time.

    I love to move with music. My Fitbit records a good 1,000 steps each Sunday morning as I groove to the praise songs. I can't keep from swaying, rocking, lifting my hands, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive