How exciting to have Erin DeLong the heroine from The Cowboy Meets His Match written by Leann Harris a June 2016 release from Love Inspired Romance .
1. Erin, tell me the most interesting thing about you? I grew up in Tucumcari, New Mexico. The city is off I-10, but known for being off Route 66. I’m a barrel racer and been riding all my life.
2. What do you do for fun? Ride my horse, Wind Dancer. Growing up, when my mom went to the reservation to visit her family, I went with her and always managed to organize a race.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Cooking. That’s not my thing. To relax, I’m with my horse. I’d rather muck out the barn than fix dinner. My brother claims my skill at cooking reflects my interest.
4. What are you afraid of most in life? Losing. When I lost the big job to reorganize my hometown rodeo, I knew I couldn’t walk away and let Sawyer Jensen do it without my input and that caused all sorts of problems. Oddly enough, Sawyer didn’t mind.
5. What is the most important thing to you? My family. When my dad had a stroke, it threw my family’s world into chaos, leaving us all in confusion, and with questions. Oddly, Sawyer stepped into the vacuum left.
6. Do you read books? Absolutely. You can learn so much from a book on animal husbandry or the memories of a famous barrel rider. It’s not widely known, but I love reading a good romance while out on the back porch. The men in those books are great.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Well, my mom tells me that it isn’t my job to solve everyone’s problem. I should stop doing that.
8. Do you have a pet? My horse is my best friend and buddy. Wind Dancer is part of me. I’ve had boyfriends complain that I give my horse more attention than them. Guilty.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I would’ve liked to have been in this area of New Mexico when my mother’s people The Navajo or Diné roamed the land.