Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Fuzzy Blankets, Warm Drinks and Novels

by Jill Kemerer

In northern Ohio the leaves have changed, the furnace is running, and I’m ready to snuggle inside. I love this time of year!



I kick off every morning with a nice, hot pot of coffee. While I watch the local news, I wrap up in a comfy throw and sip my creamy caffeine. I have a collection of fuzzy blankets, and my current favorite was a gift from my sister-in-law from last Christmas. It’s dove gray and so soft. My little doxie always curls up on my lap underneath the blanket! She’s silly.

This won’t shock you, but my T-shirts and shorts have been packed away. In their place are jeans and sweaters. I’m always cold, so in the afternoon, I fill my electric tea kettle with water and sip hot tea while I write.

Sometimes my husband and I will take a long walk before it gets dark out. We try to take advantage of the daylight as much as possible because it won’t be long until it grows dark before dinner time. Having less sunlight makes me sad. I’m not a fan of short days. I actually have a Happy Light, which is an LED light therapy lamp. It’s supposed to ease low moods due to lack of sunlight. Even my dog loves it. She stretches out in front of it whenever I turn it on.

My reading habits change this time of year. I read more cozy fiction—inspirational contemporary romance novels, cozy mysteries, and historical romances. Oh, and Christmas stories! I love holiday books this time of year. The only novels I steer clear of in autumn are heavy women’s fiction and thrillers. With winter approaching, I need reading material guaranteed to make me smile.

Here are a few books I’ve read recently and highly recommend.




First of all, I love the cover of this one. More importantly, the message is powerful. I was inspired by Tricia’s story, and I love the Bible truths in this book. Living God’s word isn’t always comfortable, but it’s worth it.




Rescue Me by Susan May Warren

This is the second book in the Montana Rescue series, and I loved it! It’s a romantic adventure and follows multiple characters. I highly recommend it.

Speaking of books... My new series, Wyoming Cowboys, launched this month with the release of The Rancher’s Mistletoe Bride! It’s a Christmas romance set on a ranch in Wyoming. The book is available in supermarkets and online at all major book retailers. See below for more information.

To celebrate, I’m giving away three copies of my new release, The Rancher’s Mistletoe Bride, on my Facebook page. US residents are eligible to win a paperback or ebook. International readers are eligible to win an ebook! Stop by and scroll until you see the post titled Giveaway Time 10/10/17. CLICK HERE to go to Jill’s Facebook page!

I’d love to hear your fall habits. Hot drinks? Fuzzy blankets? Or is it hot year-round where you live? And what are you reading?

*

Jill Kemerer writes Christian fiction and nonfiction. She is a multi-published author of Christian romance novels for Harlequin Love Inspired. Her essentials include coffee, M&Ms, a stack of books, her miniature-dachshund and taking long nature walks. She resides in Ohio with her husband and two almost-grown children. Jill loves connecting with readers, so please visit her website, jillkemerer.com, and sign up for her newsletter.

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest  |  Instagram  |  Amazon

*


The Rancher's Mistletoe Bride

Coming Home for Christmas 
Wedding planner Lexi Harrington needs a manager for her inherited Wyoming ranch. Clint Romine is the perfect man for the job, but the ruggedly handsome cowboy soon presents a new dilemma—distraction. Lexi can't fall for a small-town rancher when she's planning to return to her big-city career after the holidays. Home has always been elusive for former foster kid Clint. Working alongside Lexi at Rock Step Ranch feels too cozy—and too risky. Opening up to her means revealing a secret about his past that could jeopardize everything he holds dear. This Christmas, can Clint learn to trust Lexi with the truth…and with his heart?


13 comments:

  1. Jill, I love this time of year as well. Our favorite thing to do when the weather turns chilly is to have a fire outside. We live in the country, so we have plenty of property to harvest downed trees for firewood. There's just something about sitting round a warm, blazing fire with a sky full of stars that's signature fall for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love outdoor fires, Mary! That's so cool you have the wood right on your property. We're in a subdivision so we have to buy our firewood! Love the "sky full of stars." Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy reading and happy Fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire going, hot tea, and books— reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot drinks for sure! The electric kettle is humming here in northern Michigan. Time to dig out my favorite fall throw and some cozy books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you live in Northern Michigan, Christine! I'm from mid-Michigan myself. :) I hope the colors are gorgeous! Ours haven't turned much yet.

      Delete
  6. LOL, yesterday I thought about bringing a sweater to work, but only because my classroom was soooooooo cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The AC is still a good excuse for a sweater! Haha!

      Delete
  7. After 9 years in marriage with my hubby with 3 kids, my husband started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatened to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR. Okojie who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contacted him, he helped me cast a love spell on my husband and within 24hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem and all kinds of problem you find difficult to resolve and he will put a lasting solution to it. You can also contact him if you are unable to bear children. Here is his email drokojiespellhome6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive