Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Five Fast and Easy Ways to Help an Author


with Meghan Carver



I came across this meme quite a while ago, and quite frankly, I can’t remember where. (I’m glad it has the url on the bottom. At least amarketingexpert.com can get the credit. ๐Ÿ˜Š )

It summarizes perfectly several fast and super-easy ways a reader can help an author. In this day of social media and online shopping, it isn’t just a matter of writing anymore.

As the image says, reviews really do matter. This past Sunday, a woman at church told me how much she had enjoyed Amish Country Amnesia and that she had stayed up way too late to finish it. (By the way, that’s one of the best compliments you can give an author. We love keeping you up late! ๐Ÿ˜Š ) But then we talked about reviews, and she stated quite emphatically that she always reads the reviews for anything that she is thinking of purchasing.

That started me thinking about all the reviews I read as I browse online. If I’m looking at a jacket online and reviewers say that the zipper doesn’t work well, I’m much less likely to follow through with the purchase. On the other hand, if several buyers rave about the soft fabric of a knit top I’m considering, then that will, most likely, seal the deal. Truly, though, I find reviews as simple as "I love it!" helpful.




On behalf of all the authors on this blog, thank you for reading our books! We appreciate you!

Q4U: How much do reviews influence your purchases?


Before you go, let's take a moment to remember what happened on this day seventeen years ago ~


May God bless the sacrifice of so many that day, the families left behind, and may He preserve and protect our freedoms!

~ Meghan

8 comments:

  1. Meghan, great information. Without our readers support, we would not succeed. Thank you for sharing and thank you for remembering what happened 17 years ago today. I still remember that day as if it were yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary, so many of those events from 17 years ago are crystal-clear, aren't they? Sadly, it's the "Where were you when..." event of our generation.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is. Loved Amish Country Amnesia. Great story.

      Delete
  2. Great reminder, Meghan! I often take time to check reviews, paying attention to both the most positive and the most critical. Sometimes the negative reviews allude to an issue I would never have considered. Whether or not I make the purchase anyway depends on how much the issue concerns me personally.

    So hard to believe it's been 17 years since that fateful day. I well remember sitting in my family room watching the morning news when abruptly they switched to video of a plane crashing into one of the towers. Along with the rest of the country, I was in shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, I was at home with my toddler, and my husband called me from work to tell me to turn on the television. I remember coverage going for at least four days straight. It still shocks me when I see the photos today.

      Delete
  3. Great post, Meghan. Thank you for the beautiful tribute to 9/11. I was home alone and saw it all happen. Still can’t get those images out of my mind. You book cover is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed this yesterday, Meghan. I know as a reader, I never thought to leave an online review. But as an author, I totally appreciate them. I guess that's just one more part of the learning that comes with "being an author".

    Thanks for the tribute. This year I found myself particularly remembering the "invisible victims" like my daughter who suffers PTSD as a result of witnessing this from her classroom window at 13 or the neighborhood man who never recovered from the trauma of what he saw that day. 17 years later and it's still so raw.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive