Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Do you enjoy continuity series?

    Terri Reed here, I’ve heard from many readers they like to buy all the books in each series then read them back to back. Kind of like having a Netflix binge experience with books. 
     If you’ve never read a continuity series you’re in for a treat. Let me tell you a bit about how a continuity series works.
     There is an overarching story, whether it’s a suspense thread or a theme that spans the course of all the books, and yet each book has its own plot and own romance and can be read alone.
     I find the process both challenging and exciting.
     The authors are invited to participate so the line up of authors changes with each collection. The authors receive a workbook generated by the editors with the continuity elements for each individual book and the overarching story line or theme that connects the books.
     To me this is the fun part where the authors get to create their own story from all of the elements and incorporating the central plot points.    However, I think the best part of being involved in writing a continuity book is the camaraderie with the other authors. We brainstorm plot points and characters, we support and encourage each other and share the joys and the challenges together. 

Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense continuity series Classified K-9 Unit 

Harlequin Love Inspired Historical continuity series Lone Star Cowboy League: Mulitple Blessings. http://www.harlequin.com/store.html?cid=623802

Harlequin Love Inspired Contemporary continuity series Lone Star Cowboy League: Boys Ranch

I hope you’ll enjoy the stories as much as we love writing them.

18 comments:

  1. I like continuities, but am too impatient to collect the whole series before I start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy continuities but have a tough time waiting for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers of Love Inspired's continuity series! I'm terrible about keeping up with them, though. I'll pick up book 5 in the store and then have to go back for the first 4! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree ladies, its hard to wait but when you get the next one and the next, I find it enjoyable to see how the stories unfold.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I do like continuity series as long as I can find all the books and I agree it's hard to wait sometimes. I also really admire the authors who can manage that ever-so-tricky juggling act of writing suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto what's been said about having to wait from one month to the next. Although I don't mind reading out of order. Usually the authors provide a short overview in the first few chapters that brings me up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have mixed feelings about continuity series. I might wait to read them all at once sort of like binge watching a TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Robin. I enjoy reading continuity series, but I'm very impatient to read the next one. I want it now, and sometimes, its not available yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continuities are fun and challenging but I've been blessed to do many of them and to work with some of the best writers around. These ladies have taught me so much and because of writing K9 continuities, I have a healthy amount of pride for these amazing animals and their handlers. We learn interesting facts with each story and we hope to keep our readers engaged and entertained. Terri is a whiz at this stuff. I just follow her lead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continuities are wonderful reads. The reader gets to have more than one story with a familiar theme. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to participate in continuity series. For an author, the camaraderie is special because we work alone so much of the time. It can be lots of fun to brainstorm with a bunch of creative, like-minded individuals. I always come away inspired, and I look forward to the reader mail. Everyone always wants to know what's happening next. Uh-uh-uh. It's a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I've gotten a book and read it then I realize it's part of a series. I do like them anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've "discovered" a number of the continuities well after they were done. That always makes for a fun binge because the waiting period has already passed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm like Merrillee,
    I like to wait until they are all out and then read them in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've enjoyed writing Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense continuity series. I would wait until they were all out before reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love continuity series books! The only bad part is waiting for the next book, lol! Most of the time, it's not too long of a wait as they usually release pretty close together.

    Terri, I just read "Guardian" and then realized there was a prequel to it , "Agent-in-Training" , so I purchased and read. Wished I would have known that as I don't like to read out of order, haha! It's all good though. I will be leaving a review for it in the next couple of days. So now my appetite is whet for this new K-9 series!! I need to order the next two or three from Amazon. But I know I'll be waiting for them, it's a good anticipation though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love series books - I keep a list in my iPhone of read/ new releases I'm waiting for, from various authors.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive