Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Special Men in My Life

Father's Day is in June. It was always a special time for me. I was lucky to have three father figures in my life. My own father died when I was twelve but my memories of him are fond ones. Then my mother remarried three years later and I was fortunate to have a good stepfather who until the day my mother died, he cared for her even though she didn't recognize him. He died several years after her and I think it was from a broken heart. My mother was his world. I loved him for that. Also I had a wonderful father-in-law who had such a deep faith and lived a life full of the Lord. He, too, is gone.

But when we celebrate Father's Day this month we will keep all three in our prayers and thoughts as we celebrate with my husband (the best!) and son's family. My son is now a father of four little girls and I think he's doing a great job. When I think of all the females in that household, I have to chuckle. Lots of estrogen. And he will be in for a "treat" when those girls become teenagers and start dating.

Who are some special men in your life?

7 comments:

  1. I get a smile thinking of your son with four daughters. As a mom with four sons and only one daughter, I had the opposite issue--tons of testosterone. My daughter and I sometimes just stood back in amazement at all the machismo.

    Is your son your only child?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny what we hone in on. I, too, was smiling while reading about your son. Maybe because you did before (dad, step-dad, father-in-law) and after (hubby, son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and daddy are the best - I am so blessed. I can always count on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is an only child, Linda. Now he is surrounded by a large family.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandfather is a great inspiration to me. He has an amazing balance of family, friends, and his faith. My dad has been somewhat of a disappointment over the years and not always been a very good dad, but my grandfather has always been there. He is that strong "father" figure, though he still feels like my grandpa.
    One reason we have always had a special bond is because I was his third grandchild born, but my mom's first child. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple months before my mom knew she was pregnant. As soon as she found out, my grandpa made the decision that he would beat the cancer for me. He wanted to always be in my life, so he pushed through. He was successful and has been cancer free for about sixteen years now. He is truly an inspiration!
    Thanks,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been fortunate to have a lot of wonderful men in my life--my husband first of all. My father and father-in-law have both passed away, but their influence was great in my life. I have three brothers and now two sons-in-law--all of them loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah, what an inspiration!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive