Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kim Watters is in the house


Hi everyone, Kim Watters here introducing myself. Like the other newbies, I'm so happy to be here and honored to be among such a wonderful group of ladies. Thanks so much for the invite. I live in Arizona with my husband, two kids, one dog and two highstrung hamsters. ( I want whatever they have that keeps them spinning on their wheels all night)

My first book is one the shelves this month and brings me a story I want to share something with you.

Joseph Gibson is my hero.

While out jogging, the 38 year old Phoenix doctor was hit by a car and killed. Dr. Gibson's wife, Jennifer, says "his passing served as a blessing to others". His organs were donated to four patients in need. Four beautiful pieces of Joseph live on through others. I should be so blessed to be able to do the same when it is my time to go.

My current release On Wings of Love also deals with the delicate subject of organ donation. My hope is that people reading this book will also come away with a new appreciation for organ donation, the many people involved to make sure everything takes place, and the wonderful gift that each and everyone of us has a chance to give to someone else.

Blessings,

Kim Watters

10 comments:

  1. Welcome Kim,
    We're so glad you're here. I had the honor of reading Kim's book while it was still a stack of papers. You're in for a treat if you buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the welcome Pam, and for reading the manuscript when it was a stack of papers. Thanks for inviting me here. You're the best. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Kim! I'm so glad you've joined us on the blog.

    The book sounds wonderful!

    And BTW, I'm an organ donor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim

    I pick up your book tonight at B&N. I can't wait to read it. I love all your books and short stories.

    I believe in the importance of organ donation. I'm noted as an organ donor on my driver's license.

    "On Wings of Love" is the start of big things for you.

    Carolyn Matkowsky/Cara Marsi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Missy. I'mm so glad to be here.

    Waving hi Carolyn. Thanks for stopping by and folowing me on my tour;) an thanks for all your support. I also have the organ donor sticker on my license. I figure if I can't use it, let someone else who can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim!
    As soon as I first read what your book was about in Movember or December, I could not wait for it to come out. Now it's here and I am begging my mom to let me go over to the shopping center to pick it up! Lol!

    You sound like a great person and talented writer. I'm looking forward to reading your book (and all the future ones) and your posts on here, too.

    I also have to agree with you that Pam is the best! *hugs for you*
    Welcome!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah,
    Kim and I have known each other about 15 years. We knew each ot her before we had kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warm welcome Hannah. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm looking forward to many long years with Steeple Hill. Thanks for your support. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful topic, and a great chance to make people more aware of all they can do to help others. I'm listed as an organ donor, and am also on the bone marrow registry.

    Best wishes with your book. It is sitting on my desk right now, and I can't wait to read it!

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Roxanne. Enjoy. I think there's no better gift a person can give than to donate an organ, or bone marrow. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive