Thursday, February 4, 2010

Allie Pleiter says "hello!"


Well, hello there! I’m Allie Pleiter. I’m new here. I’ve been writing for Love Inspired, Love Inspired Historicals, and Steeple Hill Cafe for several years now, but only recently became “Craftie.”


I’ve been “crafty,” however, for a long time. Some days I wonder if I’m more known for my knitting than my writing. I’m a knitting fanatic. I write a knitting blog called DestiKNITions. Fill my day with yarn and coffee, and I’m a happy gal. Add in a little chocolate and let me hit my writing word count for the day, and I’m ecstatic. Of course, life very rarely gives me the space to hit success on all those fronts, but I do try to make sure a little yarn, a little chocolate, and a little coffee makes it into all of my days. And writing most days.


And reading. Writers are always readers. When we go to book fairs, we’re just as star-struck to meet our favorite authors as we hope you are to meet us.



My next book is one of the rare moments when my passions converge. Sad as I am to wrap up the
Kentucky Corners series with “Bluegrass Easter” in the Easter Promises novella out in March, I’m delighted to get to write a knitting character. Librarian Audrey Lupine loves to knit and loves her little quartet of ewes that she raises for wool. What she doesn’t love is when things don’t go according to plan. And really, what kind of exciting book would it be if things went according to plan? Audrey gets a whopping load of chaos before she gets her happy ending, but I hope readers and laughing as much as they sigh with her adventures.


I’ll let you in on a little secret: the basis for the book’s plot comes from a true story. You’ll hear more about that next time I post. For now, just know I’m here waiving, saying hello, and happy to be here.

5 comments:

  1. Allie,
    We are sooooo glad you're here. We're a great bunch and you'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Allie!
    It sounds like you'll fit right in!

    By the way, if you like coffee, have you ever read the Coffee House Mystery novels by Cleo Coyle? They are terrific! They definitely rank in with how good the LI books are *wink* Anyway, you should give 'em a try by the sounds of it.
    Talk to you soon!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Allie! Your new book sounds wonderful, and I LOVE that sweet cover. ~ I admire folks who can knit (and crochet). I've never tried to learn, but would probably need someone left-handed to teach me,LOL. But my days are also filled with coffee and yarn, except it's needlepoint yarn! That is what I LOVE to do(besides read, of course) but maybe one day I'll also learn to knit! ~ Thanks for sharing today. Blessings, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie, we're so glad you've joined us!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive