Hello from Lisa Mondello. First off, I want to send out prayers to those of you in the midwest who were hit with that devastating tornado yesterday. I hope the cleanup in quick and that you all heal soon.
Now on to my post...
After much research and debate, I finally took the plunge and got myself a Barnes and Noble Nook Color. I went back and forth on whether or not I needed the color version or if the b&w version would be fine. Well, the conclusion is that the b&w version would have been perfectly fine for reading books. But the color version is SOOOO nice. While I've never been one to need the latest and the greatest electronic gadget, I do like my creature comforts and I found the Nook filled those needs just nicely.
1. I'm a music hound. I love listening to music while I'm doing most anything. Very cool music player on this Nook.
2. I'm a note taker. For years I've carried around index cards in my purse and I have them scattered in places all over the house just in case the seed of an idea comes to me and I want to write it down for later development. The Nook has a nice notes feature. I can even download QuickOffice to edit my own work on the nook.
3. I have a busy life like most people and I can organize, make lists, set my calendar and reminders on the Nook.
4. See number 3. I'm often stuck waiting for someone to get out of school, work, the mall, etc. and I love that I can sit at a wifi spot and use the Internet. Yes, I know I can do this on my phone. But as I get older, I'm really hating that small phone screen. The Nook has a nice size screen and a keyboard. Who needs a smartphone when you have a Nook?
5. I went kicking and screaming to reading glasses. Hate them. Yes, I know I'm such a baby about it, but after a lifetime of not needing glasses, it just felt odd to me. I love that I can bump up the font on my Nook.
6. Instant gratification. I no longer have to wait to buy books at the store. Who would have thought that would be such a big deal since my house is always full of books anyway. I'm never without something new to read. But it's nice to be able to get a book right when you want it.
7. Book covers are pretty on the Nook. I would have missed that in b&w.
I'm hooked on my Nook already. I may never touch paper again.
Do you have a Nook or another ereader? Let me know how much you love it!
Many blessings, Lisa Mondello