Today we're welcoming Stephanie Gage, heroine of Dangerous Melody, written by Dana Mentink, a November Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Wild youth, bad choices, that about sums it up. I got involved with an evil man and I paid the price and unfortunately, my father almost did also.
2. So, during the book you met Tate Fuego. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Outwardly, Tate is nothing like me. He’s a demolitions expert from a broken family and he’s lived a hard life. I met him in high school when I told him I could beat him on the track. I did and began to realize than that he’s just as determined and fiercely loyal as I am. We’re kindred spirits and nothing, not even our disastrous past, can change that.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m absolutely devoted to my family, my father and my two brothers. All of them would no doubt say I was stubborn and prideful, but they’d be wrong.
4. What scares you? Losing my family.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d like to be better at thinking things through before I hurtle in with both feet. My father would sleep better if I could make that change.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I was raised in a faith filled home, but I’ve not been completely on board with the whole forgiveness and giving up control thing.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Sometimes you have to fall in order to know that God is there to pick you up. Defeating Joshua Bittman, the man who kidnapped my father, brought me to that breaking point so God could finally get my attention. He did, in a big way.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.” Philippians3:13
That’s what it’s all about, learning, forgiving and moving forward to grow into the person God wants you to be.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Key Lime pie because you get a little tang with all that sweet, the perfect combination.