Sunday, September 15, 2013

In Pursuit of a Princess Interview


Today we're welcoming Princess Lara Barrington Kincade, the heroine in In Pursuit of a Princess, written by Lenora Worth, a September 2013 release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’m a widow now. My deceased husband Theodore died in a tragic hunting accident on a compound in Louisiana, near New Orleans. We own a home in the Garden District, thanks to my parents. I’m back here to host a fundraising event to support the building of Kincade houses in hurricane ravaged areas of the city. But someone is harassing me and trying to drive me mad.
2.  So, during the book you met photo-journalist Gabriel Murdock .  Tell us a bit about him/her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? Gabriel is an interesting man. He’s traveled the world documenting historic and important events with his camera and his essays. He’s talented but he’s also a bit of a rogue. He got his hand slapped so his magazine editor assigned him to follow me around for a while. My first impression was that he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. But when I started to get to know him, I saw an honest, determined, kind man who wants to fight the world. He took on some very dangerous people in order to save me.   
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness? I have a very strong faith and I’m committed to honoring my late husband’s dream. I’m good at organizing such events. My greatest weakness is my need for revenge against the man I’m pretty sure killed my husband.     
4.  What scares you? That I might have become even more dangerous to myself than my enemies.       
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d go back and try to find another way to confront the people I hold responsible for Theo’s death and I’d find a better means of justice. But I have to follow through on my plan for now.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? My faith is strong. That will never change.    
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?  Even more solid because I have Gabriel on my side now and I thank God for that. Gabriel saved me from myself.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.     Genesis 31:36 “What is my trespass? What is my sin, that thou hast so hotly pursued after me?” I think this is significant because I thought my quest for revenge for justified and yet, I’m the one who has forgotten that God will give judgment. That is not mine to designate. I’ve pursued the wrong things for all the right reasons.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Well, since I live in New Orleans part time, I’d have to be bread pudding. A bit tough but saturated in sweetness and with a depth that is pleasing but substantial.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive