Today we're welcoming Josiah Witherspoon, the hero of To Save Her Child by Margaret Daley, a February Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I was in the U.S. Marines and served overseas in a war zone. I was captured and was a prisoner of war for a few months. The whole experience changed me. I came home and dealt with PTSD. I have a service dog to help me with PTSD. Buddy not only has helped me, but he is a great tracker. I've teamed with him to find people who are lost.
2. So, during the book you met Ella Jackson. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Ella Jackson helps run Northern Frontier Search and Rescue in Anchorage, Alaska. We worked together for months before her child went missing and I found him. That changed everything for us--drew us closer, especially when someone came her son. I thought I had suffered in my past, but she had more than me.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I'm focused and determined. My greatest weakness is the anxiety that I've been dealing with since coming back to the States. 4. What scares you?
Losing control of a situation.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
It was shaky.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Ella showed me the importance of the Lord in my life.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
Ella taught me the importance of that verse. God is on MY side.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Rocky road ice cream--life isn't a smooth ride.