Saturday, February 28, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: A Daughter's Return by Janet Lee Barton


Finding her way home 
Having fled her privileged upbringing for a failed romance, Rebecca Heaton knows her pride has kept her from returning home. Now at her mother's boardinghouse in New York City, she's determined to forge a new life for herself--and her daughter. She just never expects to find a new love in the process… 
Ben Roth has always been compelled to help the downtrodden—including single moms like Rebecca. But if the past has taught him one thing it's that offering his trust can lead to disappointment. Could these two wounded souls make one another whole…and come together as a forever family? 
Boardinghouse Betrothals: Hearts taking shelter—and forging new beginnings

Interview: 
How exciting to have Benjamin Roth, the hero from A Daughter’s Return, written by Janet Lee Barton, a February, 2015 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Ben, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
 I’m not sure there’s a whole lot that’s interesting about me. I teach at the Business College and some business classes at night at the YWCA. I lead a pretty quiet life, but having Mrs. Heaton’s daughter and granddaughter living at Heaton House now has made things a little livelier.
2.  What do you do for fun?
At Heaton House we sometimes play parlor games or sing around the piano after dinner. As it’s turning colder, we’re planning on doing some ice skating and sledding soon.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I won’t put it off, but I kind of dread meeting the woman who says she’s my aunt—my mother left me at an orphanage and I never knew I had any family. What if this woman isn’t really my aunt?
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
That I’ll never have a family of my own. That Rebecca will never trust her heart to another man.
5.  What do you want out of life?
To be loved, truly loved by Rebecca. I want her and Jenny in my life.
6.  What is the most important thing to you?
My faith. Without the Lord in my life, I don’t know how I would have ended up, coming out of the orphanage.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I’d been raised by my mother. That I could have had a real family growing up.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don’t have a pet. But if Rebecca ever agrees to become my wife, I’d love to get a puppy for Jenny.
9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
Many women are entering the workforce right now, learning how to type and take dictation so that they can be hired in a typing pool for many of the businesses in the city. I’m trying to help many of those who live in the tenements better themselves by teaching them business courses.



2 comments:

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive