Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reunion Romances

Good morning from Carolyne from the Great White North,which, after all the gorgeous spring weather we've been having isn't so white. Still great, but hey, this is Canada. Next month the second book in my Refuge Ranch series comes out - Reunited with the Cowboy. The title kind of says it all and sorry, it's a bit of a spoiler! It's a reunion romance - my favorite kind. I love writing about star-crossed lovers who were together at one time and as life and decisions move them around, they end up in the same place but different people. Why I like Reunion Romances is firstly because it makes for an immediate conflict. Why should my hero/heroine trust this person after they broke their heart before? Plus, it makes the romance easier to work with because I'm building on a previous relationship. And I like second chances. There's been many times in my life that I'd like a chance to meet someone from my past that I've hurt or wronged and try to find a way to fix the broken relationship. But even more than that it is a reminder that our God gives us more than a second chance. He keeps coming after us when we turn away from him, always calling us back to him. It's what Easter is about. God coming to us and making his home with us. About Christ's sacrifice to give us chance after chance to come to him. I hope you have a chance (or two) to pick up Reunited With the Cowboy. A second chance for Heather and John to find their way through the difficulties they've faced in the past.
Refuge Ranch. Where a Montana family comes home to love.

5 comments:

  1. Carolyne, I love reunion romances, too. I've written several.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never made that connection about reunion romance before. I love it! Now I'll look at it with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, so true about wishing we could go back in time and fix the hurts we caused. That's what makes reunion romances so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Danica. Glad I could give some small insight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda and Merrillee - I think so many of my reunion romances are a do-over! And, like I said, instant conflict.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive