How exciting to have Slade McKenna, the hero from The Cowboy’s Forever Family written by Deb Kastner, a March release from Love Inspired Romance .
1. Slade, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Not sure how interesting it is, but me and my best friend Brody are—were--champion bull-riders. I’m also a cop.
2. What do you do for fun?
Ride bulls. Shoot guns.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Anything having to do with my late best friend’s wife Laney. I’m not a patient man and she knows just how to push my buttons. But she’s pregnant with Brody’s kid, and I know he’d want me to protect Laney and the baby.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
That Laney will cut me off from being able to have a part in Baby Beckett’s life.
5. What is the most important thing to you?
My faith in God. I haven’t been a Christian very long and I’m not a good man, but it matters to me. After God is family, hands down, and that includes the Becketts.
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Not a chance. I’m an outdoor guy.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I wasn’t quite so abrasive. I know I rub people—Laney—the wrong way and whatever I’m thinking comes blustering out my mouth.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have a horse, Nocturne. I call her Nock. I still do quite a bit of wrangling.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d go back to the moment Brody hesitated about riding the bull Night Terror. Instead of egging him on, I’d tell him to go back home to his wife. Maybe then he wouldn’t have died and left Laney and the baby all alone.