Today we're welcoming Sydney Berry, the heroine EXPERT WITNESS by Rachel Dylan, a September book by Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I am a forensic sketch artist who is testifying in a murder trial against a well-known businessman. He’s also got ties to a scary gang that is out to get me!
2. So, during the book you met Max Preston. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Max left his career as an FBI agent to become a U.S. Marshal and protecting me is his very first assignment. My first impression was that he was smart, protective, and handsome—maybe a bit too stubborn. I didn’t know for a while that it was love because I was fighting it.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
As a sketch artist, my strong suit is being able to draw. I love all forms of art. My greatest weakness was the battle in my mind over my past.
4. What scares you?
I used to be scared about a lot of things, especially given my abusive past, but I strengthened myself both physically and spiritually and it made all the difference in the world.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’m finally happy about who I am.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I am strong in my faith at the beginning of the story, but Max is not. I share my faith with him, and it is a very meaningful experience.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Even stronger in my faith because even through all the threats on my life, the Lord was with me through it all.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
This scripture is significant because I’ve been through a lot of trying times in my life, but I’ve learned that if God is with me, then I should not be afraid.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
A yummy pumpkin pie. It’s the perfect fall dessert.