Monday, October 31, 2016

NaNoWriMo starts TOMORROW

Terri Reed here. ARE YOU READY?  
November 1 starts National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo. 

This is a good-natured challenge to write in a fun, by the seat-of-your-pants, fast as you can way with a goal of a 50K novel by the time the clock strikes midnight on November 30.  

NaNoWriMo is for everyone who wants to tackle writing. This is a great way to kick start a story. Get the first draft done so you can do the more enjoyable part of revising and polishing (at least I find that part more enjoyable). 

Sign up to participate http://nanowrimo.org

There are local meetings of like-mind folks that you can connect with in your area. There are coaches and cheerleaders on the site. You can track your progress and those of friends. You can compete with others, if that's your thing. You can buddy others for encouragement and accountability.  

If you think you might have a story in you, now's the time to let it out and give it a try. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm signed up, but I plan to not make myself crazy about meeting the 50,000 goal. I've set a personal goal instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a writer who likes to plow through a story without going back and revisiting what I've already written. So NaNoWriMo doesn't suit my writing style. And who picks November??? We're having company for a week around Thanksgiving. I don't want to be chained to my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I find the pressure is horrible! I set my own goal word count too.

    Merrillee, I hear you! To me November isn't a good time because of the holiday. But I can still have fun on the days I can get some writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the NaNoWritMo to finish edits on a complete manuscript and I have two partials I need to finish so that's going to be my challenge. Happy writing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up to get a head start on my next story. But it will be a busy month so I'm not putting too much pressure on myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done NaNoWriMo because November is a busy month at school with report cards and such, so between that and the holidays, I know I'd be setting myself up for failure. I'm on the #1kday plan so 1k x 365 days = 365,000 words/year. That works better for me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive