Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hero Interview from The Hero Next Door by Irene Hannon


Interview with the hero (THE HERO NEXT DOOR by Irene Hannon)

1. J.C., tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’ve never considered myself that interesting. But people always seem fascinated by my background as a Chicago PD undercover detective.

2. What do you do for fun?
Before I moved to Nantucket, I loved coaching the Titan Tigers, a primary-school softball team at my church. We didn’t win many games, but we sure had a lot of fun. And that’s what counts.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
You know, I’m not the kind of guy who puts things off—even tough things. In fact, some people think I’m a little too in-your-face. Especially my sister, Marci.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
That I’ll never reconnect with my brother, who’s serving time for armed robbery. I took over the responsibility for raising him and Marci when I was eighteen, and it’s really hard to accept that I failed with my kid brother. But I’ve never given up, and I pray for him every day.

5. What do you want out of life?
To take the “dys” out of “dysfunctional” when applied to my family. We’ve all had a tough row to hoe. Marci’s doing great; now if I could only convince Nathan to get with the program. And I’d also like to find a woman who might be interested in a Chicago cop from the wrong side of the tracks who’s a little rough around the edges. The bad news is that since I’ve been on Nantucket I’m starting to fall for Heather Anderson, who owns The Devon Rose tearoom. Talk about a silk purse and a sow’s ear. But hope burns eternal…

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Faith and family. No contest.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I don’t have much time to read. But I try to put in a little time with the Good Book every day.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I could figure out a way to reach Nathan—that I had a better understanding of human nature and deeper insight into what makes him tick so I could help him turn his life around.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pets. I’m never home.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
You know, being in law enforcement I’ve always been fascinated with the Wild West. I’d love to meet some of those legendary lawmen who fought for justice, often against great odds.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy these interviews with the heroes and heroines of the books because it gives me an insight into the characters that I do not otherwise
    have and makes them more real.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive