Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aloha


Aloha, Terri Reed here frantically trying to get a proposal for my next book out the door as I get ready to go on a vacation/work trip with my husband to the Big Island of Hawaii. He'll have to work part of the time. I'll try to write part of the time, but I'm looking forward to seeing the island since we've never been to this one. We've been to Maui several times, Kauai for our honeymoon and Oahu several times. I'm looking forward to visiting the Macadami Nut farm. Yummm. I also want to see the volcano, though I've been told to expect the stench of sulpur. We'll start out on the Hilo side and then move over to Kona for a couple of days full of sun on Hapuna Beach. Having fair skin that burns and freckles, I'm not much of a sun person. My husband will soak up the rays, while I'll hide under my wide brimmed hat and tons of sunscreen, unless we're in the water snorkleing. There's supposed to be a beach cove where you can swim with sea turtles. That's my goal.

Later this month I'm off to Orlando for the 30th annual Romance Writers of America conference. I plan to play at least one day in Disney World.




So much traveling so little time.
What travel plans do you have this month?

And more news, my lastest release Treasure Creek Dad hits the shelves on August 1st..

A hui hou kakou (Until we meet again)

8 comments:

  1. Have a great time, Terri!! I loved the Big Island! Saw more of the tropical scenery I expected of the islands.

    But yes, the volcano area stinks! Still very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. I love the way the air feels in Hawaii like it's caressing you. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I might see you there. I'm trying to finish a proposal too before we leave to go to Hawaii to celebrate my son-in-laws parents 50th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaii is on my list of things to do. And, I so wish I were going to RWA this year. New York, though, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Pam. I'm not going to Orlando this year either, but we can hold each others hands on the airplane. :)

    Have fun on your vacation Terri. We're just spending a few weekends camping a a quick getaway to Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the well wishes. The proposal was sent, I'm packed now just have to try to sleep so I can get up and get on a plane. Leann, that would be too funny if we saw each other. I'll keep my eyes alert.

    Yes, New York will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Terri, you live the dream 'writers life'. Just remember all of us slaving over our hot keyboards. And bring me some chocolate covered macadamia nuts!!! lol Have a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive