Interview with the hero from Heart of a Cowboy by Margaret Daley:
1. Zachary Rutgers, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I used to ride bulls on the rodeo circuits.
2. What do you do for fun?
Ride a horse, camping and fishing. I enjoy spending my time outdoors.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Cooking and now that I have a son, I’ve got to learn how to cook. We can’t eat out all the time.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Falling in love with Jordan again. Not being the dad my son deserves.
5. What do you want out of life?
To run my ranch and be a good dad to my son.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
My son. I didn’t know about him for ten years so I have a lot of time to make up.
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Nope, but I guess I should now that I have a son. He’s so smart that I don’t know if I can keep up with him, but I’m proud of what he’s accomplished.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My past. I did some things I regret. I wish I had been there when my son was born—been in his life from the very beginning. If Jordan and I hadn’t fought, things might have been different.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
My horse—of course, I don’t think of him as a pet like a dog or cat.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Back to the summer Jordan and I broke up. Knowing what I do today, things would have been different.