Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shades of Truth Interview

Today we're welcoming Ethan Reed, the hero of Shades of Truth, written by Sandra Orchard, a March 2012 release by Love Inspired Suspense.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m a police detective from Toronto. The Niagara Regional police chief needed an officer to secretly come in from outside their force to work an undercover operation that might implicate one of their own. Since I’d recently been shot in the line of duty, it was easy to feign the desire to quit and move into a quieter line of work (i.e. a counselor at Hope Manor, a faith-based youth detention facility in Niagara).


2. So, during the book you met Kim Corbett. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Kim is an amazing woman. If I’d had someone like her championing me when I was a teen, I would have turned my life around a lot sooner. She’s as loyal as they come. She genuinely believes in people and wants the best for them and will do anything to help them reach their potential. I love how she isn’t afraid to stand up to me. I love her refusal to give up on the kids at the manor. I love that she trusted me enough to let me do my job even though it threatened everything she’d worked for. Early on I started wondering what it would be like to be loved by a woman like Kim, but it took me a long time to admit my feelings.


3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I’m good at my job as a cop, a quick thinker, but some would say I’m reckless. I guess that’s because I don’t value my own life over another’s.


4. What scares you?

Messing up. I don’t want to see another person get hurt because I didn’t do what I should. If only succeeding on this mission didn’t mean destroying everything Kim’s trying to protect.


5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

My last day of school the year I was 16. My actions that day cost too much.


6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

I believe in God. I’m happy enough working to get bad guys off the street. It’s the least I can do, considering what my mistake cost Joy. I’ll do whatever I have to do to deserve her forgiveness.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I finally believe that God can forgive me anything, does forgive me, and I’ve finally forgiven myself.

8. You've got a scripture at the end of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

“The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.” Isaiah 65:17b reminds me that God doesn’t look back and neither should I.


9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

A Rice Krispie square. Easy to take anywhere. Never falls apart. Plain, but good. Never get tired of having them. Can fancy it up with Christmas sprinkles on top.

1 comment:

  1. LOL -- a rice krispie square????? Such an in-depth interview and then what kind of dessert would you be? Love it. But I want to know what breed of dog you would be...that's much more telling, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive