Sunday, March 25, 2012

Find Us Faithful

Leann Harris here. In church Sunday morning we had a special men's choir. I love an all male choir, the richness of their voices always touches me. They sang the hymn "Find us Faithful" and it hit me square in the heart.

Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
Let us run the race not only for the prize
But as those who've gone before us let us leave to those behind us
The heritage of faithfulness passed on through godly lives

Those words sank into my soul. Am I leaving a life that will point my children and their children to God?

And our children sift through all we've left behind
May the clues that they discover and the memories they uncover
Become the light that leads them to the road we each must find.

We are examples to our children. And when I think of my parents and my husband's parents, I know they've left a rich heritage to my husband, my children, and me.
The link below is to Steve Green singing the song. Listen to the words and let them touch your soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERKnxzNzwg&feature=related

9 comments:

  1. Leann, I attend Community Bible Study, and we often sing that song. It has a wonderful message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leann, thanks for reminding me of that song. It does have a wonderful message. Passing on our faith to our children is a wonderful priviledge and responsibility! My husband is working on a new book for parents with that exact theme. Today I was looking through other books on theat topic and we are brainstorming title ideas. So, you can see it's a topic close to my heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leann, thanks for a lovely reminder that the way we live our lives today can impact those who come after us in the future.

    Praying our children and children's children will always be free to worship the Lord and put Him first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    Yes, praying for our children and our children's children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leann, I'd never heard this particular hymn before so I clicked on the link you provided. Thank you for posting this - it truly has a beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I heard that song yesterday, it so touched my heart, allowing me to understand the words in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good words, Leann.
    What a powerful reminder that we're not just living for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Men are important in their children's life. If you haven't watched Courageous with your husband do. It will change your life. My husband wept through it as his father's imagine was a godly one growing up. My daughter's friend and her husband wept through it and feel like fighting to be godly parents for their children.
    jrs362 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive