Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What makes a good booksigning?

Hi, this is Margaret Daley. This past weekend I went to Dallas to speak to the Dallas/Fort Worth ACFW chapter. I talk about Openings: Starting with a Bang and Tips for a Professional Career. I had a great time even when my powerpoint didn't work. Thankfully I came prepared if that happened. I meet some neat writers.

Then after that Vickie McDonough and I went to the Mardel in Hurst, TX for a booksigning. The staff and manager were great. I enjoyed meeting some customers and talking with them. But what makes this booksigning so great was the arrival of two of my readers who I have corresponded with for the past few years. It made my day. One stayed the whole time and I got to know even better a remarkable woman.

5 comments:

  1. Thats so cool Margaret. As a reader I would love to get to a booksigning. It would be exciting and for you to meet some readers who you have been in contact with would be awesome.
    I know next year when I get to america I am hoping to catch up with a few authors in Atlanta, on in Williamstown (I think) Washington state and maybe at least one when I have a night in Fort Worth/Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll be able to meet you in person. It's fun putting a face to someone you have written back and forth with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time Margaret! I love meeting readers face to face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let everyone know my plans when I finally make them. looking at late April early May. (I will either fly into Dallas or fly out of there.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearing that from a reader would have made my day too.

    Sounds like aside from the PowerPoint malfunction everything else went well.

    Good luck!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive