Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Deputy's Duty Interview


Today we're welcoming Ryan Fitzgerald, the hero of The Deputy’s Duty by Terri Reed, book six of the Fitzgerald Bay continuity series, released June 2012. 

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure. 


1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.  Six months ago a murder rocked out small east coast village and one of my younger brothers was the prime suspect.  Our whole family worked diligently to clear my brothers name but the real murderer was still at large.  AS Deputy Chief of the Fitzgerald Bay police department it was my job to do solve this crime.  Doing so led to more murder and a missing child.

2.  So, during the book you met Meghan Henry. Tell us a bit about her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love?
Meghan, ah, Meghan.  Pretty with long blonde hair and big green eyes.  She was a pain in my side from the moment she hit town.  Not only was she a reporter, sticking her nose in my investigation, she was the cousin to the deceased.  She kept pushing for answers and I thought she’d destroy my family in her quest for justice.  I’m not sure exactly when I recognized I loved her.  It sort snuck up on me. But once the realization came, I knew I’d do anything to keep her by my side.       

3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness?  I’m usually a good judge of character.  My greatest weakness is probably my cynical side.  I have a hard time letting in anyone get too close.    

4.  What scares you? Losing my family.  
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be less judgmental.  More trusting.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?  My faith is more for show than deeply felt.  Mostly I have a hard time trusting God or anyone else.  

7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?  I had to learn to let go of thinking I could control anything and trust God to come through.  Trusting Him is very freeing.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.  This verse in Colossians really speaks to me about the need to forgive.  It reminds me that God has forgiven me over and over again.  How can I do any less for others?
    
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

A lemon square.  Tart, sweet, gooey with an outer crust that protects the center and a firm foundation. 


Ps. On June 4th Terri is over at Savvy Authors talking about writing the inspirational novel.  And at Roxanne Rustand's blog talking about her dog Simba, the little lion king.  Stop on by!




Pss.  To celebrate Love Inspired Suspense's 15th Anniversary there's Bonus Novella at by Jillian Hart at the end of the book!!  


2 comments:

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive