How exciting to have Austin Blackwell, the hero from Rancher’s Refuge by Linda Goodnight, a January, 2013, release from Love Inspired Romance .
1. Austin, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Well, let’s see. I sit a horse pretty well and I guess it’s interesting that I’m a Texas cowboy who owns a ranch in the Ozarks. But the most interesting thing about me is something I don’t talk about. It may be interesting to you, but it’s caused me a lot of grief.
2. What do you do for fun?
Recently, I met this woman who thinks I should carve pumpkins, attend carnivals and do a lot of other town stuff. I’m not much on crowds, though. Give me a horseback ride in the quiet woods and the rush of Whisper Falls any day. Now, that’s fun.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Anything to do with people. Don’t trust ‘em.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
For a long time, I’ve been afraid of people learning about the thing that happened in Texas. Now, I’m afraid for Annalisa, a skittish woman I found hiding beneath Whisper Falls with a broken arm.
5. What is the most important thing to you?
My privacy, though between Annalisa and my sister, Cassie, I’m losing that fast!
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Louis L’amour westerns and ranching magazines. A cowboy can never get enough of those.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Ah, I guess I’d be more sociable. I might even go to church like my sister wants me too.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Two fine ranch dogs - Jet, an old black lab and Hoss, a shepherd. My sister has a poodle that claims me, too. One of those silly, sissy dogs. I kinda like her though. Don’t tell my sister.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Easy one. I’d go back to the early days of the American West and join a cattle drive with Charlie Goodnight. A good place for a private man to hide and see the frontier.