Craftie SUSPENSE interview:
Today we're welcoming US Marshal Josh McCall, the hero of Undercover Marriage, written by Terri Reed, a June release by Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’m a US Marshal out of the St. Louis office. About six months ago my current partner and I began investigating a series of kidnappings involving babies that are then sold through an adoption agency. We’re close to taking the kidnappers down, but they’ve escalated their efforts to thwart us.
2. So, during the book you met Serena Summers. Tell us a bit about her. Serena’s brother, Daniel, was my partner until someone murdered him. His killer has never been found. Serena blames me for not being there to protect Daniel. I blame myself as well.
What was your first impression? I liked Serena a lot when we met years ago. She’s fun to be around and very smart. But after Daniel’s death, she froze me out. When did you know it was love? Wow, that’s a good question. It didn’t really sink in that what I felt for her was love until I almost lost her.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? I’m good at my job. What is your greatest weakness? Blind loyalty.
4. What scares you? Losing someone I love.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My childhood. It was not good. It left me feeling very ashamed.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I believe in God but am unsure if He loves me.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I know that God is with me always and will never abandon me.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Philippians 4: 12-13 speaks to learning how to be content no matter what the circumstances are and it is Christ’s strength within me that makes contentment possible.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? I would be my grandma’s version of Mississippi Mud Pie. Chocolaty mousse goodness with gooey marshmallow and a crumbly cookie crust, smothered in rich chocolate sauce. Why? Because it’s my favorite sweet treat.