- Jake Torres, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
- Uhm…not much really. I’m a Texas State Trooper, do a little roping on the weekends. Some people find it interesting that I build my own home, a cabin in the Texas Hill Country.
- What do you do for fun?
- Rope and play flag football with the youth group.
- What do you put off doing because you dread it?
- Are you really going to make me answer that?…Ha, yeah I see you are, so it would have to be talking to Vickie. She’s been avoiding me since she came back to town. I could push it, but I know it would end up in a fight. I always hated fighting with her.
- What are you afraid of most in life?
- Being like my father
5. What do you want out of life?
Wow, that’s a good question and thinking about it is one of the things I put off. Next question?
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Oh, that one’s easy. Mi familia, my mother and sister. We had a rough start, but I’m so proud of them.
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Yes, I’ve read all of Zane Grey, Elmer Kelton and Victor Villasenor’s books. I also read anything to do with the Texas Rangers. I’ve read One Ranger: A Memoir by Joaquin Jackson a million times.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Trust. I would trust God more. I mean I trust Him in a lot of things but I don’t trust my temper and I think that goes back to some deep fears I have and of course that just means I’m not trusting God with everything in my life.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have two quarter horses, Bud and Poncho. I love horse, you become a team and they just do their job. Riding takes me to the old west and gives you freedom from this world.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
There was one night when I was nine that I think if I could go back and change it I would, but I don’t know if it would only make it worse. That goes back to trusting God, and I think the past needs to stay there so we can move forward. But then again it would be fun to go way back and ride with the first Texas Rangers. I’d get to be a part of something new, get a new start.