Today we're welcoming K-9 Officer Hunter one of the heroes in Truth and Consequences written by Lenora Worth, a May release by Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Woof! I was born and raised right here in Desert Valley, in what the humans call the K-9 Training Center. My brothers and sisters are scattered all over this state, but I’m here for now. I’m a working dog. I’m a K-9 Officer. Well, technically I’m still a rookie. Woof! Woof!
2. So, during the book you met David Evans and Whitney Godwin. Tell us a bit about him/her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Growl. I fell in love with Whitney the first time I met her. I knew we were destined to be partners for a long time. And little Shelby, her baby girl. What red-blooded dog wouldn’t love that cutie. I’ll protect her with my life. David? I’m still not sure about him but he seems mighty determined to protect those two, same as me. I’ll figure out his story sooner or later. I don’t detect any danger with him, which is good. I’d hate to bite the man.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? My strength is that I’m good at finding illegal drugs and man, do we have something going on with the trains moving through here. They try to hide drugs from me but I can sniff through just about anything and smell heroin or cocaine. Bad stuff.
4. What scares you? I don’t get too scared but I do get pretty aggressive if those I love are being threatened. I’m trained to work on command and I only ask for chew toys and food as my reward. But don’t mess with my humans. I’ll take you down.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I could tell my humans how much I love them. I try with my eyes and my ears and my wagging tail. But I hope they know I’m willing to do anything to protect and serve.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’m pretty sure there is a Big Guy in the sky. He gave me Whitney and Shelby, so I’m thankful for that.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Even stronger. Now I have David, too. He’s so good to my two girls. He loves them as much as I do. Thank you, Big Guy in the Sky.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. “For where envying and contention is, there is inconstancy, and every evil work.” This means that bad men will do anything in their power to try and control the world around them. But I have seen what that kind of evil can do. My human partner and I aim to stop that.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? I’d be a doggy treat, of course. ‘Cause I love me some doggie treats!