Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I'm Late...again by Leann Harris

It stinks when you know you're suppose to post and you can't find the day. Sorry. I spent last week at the ACFW Conference in Grapevine, Tx. What fun talking writing, swapping stories with other writers and not having them think you've lost all your marbles. The workshops made me realize I need to improve my social media skills. I didn't take a single picture of the event! I spent time with other Love Inspired authors and editors, learning how they got into publishing. What interesting stories. It's nice to know you aren't the only strange one out there.
Since I didn't take any pictures, here's a picture of Big Tex who stands over the State Fair of Texas, which starts Friday. There's a cornydog with my name on it. (This is the only time I'll eat one.)

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun at AFCW. Please share what you learned. What stood out as "Oh I need to do that" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leann! Somehow I missed seeing you at conference. Writing conferences always open my eyes to things I should be doing more often (like taking pictures at conference). This conference also got me fired up about my writing project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you had fun at the ACFW conference with other writers :-) I've seen pictures on Facebook various authors posted and enjoyed them. The funniest one is Mary Connealy standing next to a stuffed longhorn cow and she posted "I'm the one on the right" (meaning her not the cow. She always has such a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet the ACFW Conference was stupendous. And corn dogs are great, too! Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I traveled to Israel and returned just before ACFW so couldn't make the conference. I am heading to M&M this weekend. Always love that smaller, regional conference. Georgia Romance Writers is my home chapter so, of course, I'm a bit biased!

    I'm sure ACFW was wonderful! Would love to hear the latest info provided there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I learned is that I need to get moving on posting, and engaging readers. The problem is I'm an introvert naturally, unless I'm in teacher mode.

      Delete
  6. Had to miss the conference this year--went to a big family reunion instead. Hoping to make it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its too late for my marbles but I'm glad you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed the conference this year but hope to be back next year. Glad you had a good time and yes, social media makes me lose marbles on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive