Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Celebrating 25 years of writing books and a few other things--Lenora Worth

Hello. I haven't been on here in a while. Due to some life changes, I'm scaling back on a few things so I can focus on writing. But today is my birthday (I'm 31 twice!!!) So I wanted to celebrate that. Then I realized that this past March marks twenty-five years of my being published in contemporary commercial fiction! It's hard to believe that many years have passed. But oh, the fun I've had along the way! I could go on and on with memories but I do remember that in Orlando at my very first Harlequin party, I had on the same dress as another woman. We took our picture together but I have no idea where that picture is. I remember the price tag on that dress, too. A treat to myself.

I also remember the first time I went to NY in 2003 (I think.) I wore a dress to the Harlequin black-and-white ball that I got on sale for thirty bucks at Dillard's. I still have that dress! I have memories of meeting many of the Ladies here during those times and making lifetime friends. I'm one of the old-timers around here now. Back in the day, I made up Bad Girl names for us because we had to follow so many guidelines in our stories. I was Elnora, of course. And I still am some days. Everyone wanted a bad girl name and while my editors frowned on it, it helped us all to not take ourselves too seriously. (My editors still frown at me a lot now, too.)

Anyway, I'm off to celebrate with Big D all day long, but I'll be checking in from time to time. I want to give away books! So leave a comment and tonight at 9 PM Central time, I'll post two winners.

I'll be giving away the following: One print or e-copy of Their Amish Reunion and one e-book only copy of Undercover Princess (from Tule Publishing.) Two very different stories, but each with their own faith thread.


Help me celebrate 25 years of having the time of my life and being thankful for this trip around the world with another birthday.

And tell me some of your favorite memories. I'd love to hear them!!!

Thank you all for supporting my writing dreams and thanks to all my Love Inspired friends and editors for the fun times, challenges and the always loving friendships!!!! Here's to twenty-five more!


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lenora. What an accomplishment. Here's to the next 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't believe it. You're only 31 once and you started writing when you were six. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Lenora! What a wonderful first 25 years. Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you. Shannon, did you know we have a book set out together? How is that for coming full circle! Love it!! Me, you, and Glenna Kaye. So happy to be in a set with you two! And you kind on the 31 thing. But alas, I am just about ready for Social Security!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenora, happy birthday and congratulations on your twenty-five year writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope your day is a special as you! Love your books and want you to keep on writing....Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, girl. I remember when you were a newbie! I knew you were going to be around for a long while even then. God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, those of us who've been **cough** around for awhile. You are a lovely person inside and out despite whatever the numbers add up to. You are an inspiration to us all. Congratulations and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Arlene. I still have the list of “tips” you gave me back then! And Deb, you’ve been right here all along, too. Amazing!! Thanks again to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie Smith and Cheryl Baranski, you are my winners. PM or email me through my website with your mailing information. I’m going to give both of you both books. :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 25 years of writing books and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lenora Congratulations on 25 years of writing books and happy birthday! I enjoy reading your books. Thank you for the opportunity to win.Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lenora,
    Belated Happy Birthday1 Congratulations on 25 years of being published. I know that I can pick up one of your books and know that I will enjoy the story and learn a little something as well.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive