Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Showers






Springtime is here at last. The thunderstorms that rolled through the area last night are proof of that. After the cold, dry winter the prairie is ready for some moisture. It’s ready for renewal. Without winter, without storms, there would be no spring...no renewal of the land.

Right now the wheat fields of Kansas are green blankets only a few inches tall. In another two months they will be waist high oceans of golden grain waving in the hot summer sun. Jesus was a carpenter, but he must have enjoyed the sight of wheat fields, too, because he used a story about a grain of wheat to show us how to follow him.


John 12:24-26 (New International Version)
24I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.


I don’t know what storms you have endured in your life. I know I’ve had my share, but the promise of God’s renewal is all around us. Right down to the tiny seeds we're eager to plant in our gardens. The storms will pass and when they do we shall see God's glory all around us.

Have a great spring day.

Pat


3 comments:

  1. Amen and AMEN! Thanks for the scripture. I needed reminding of that today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Mindy. I know what you mean. Some days I just need to be reminded that this life isn't all I'm working toward.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! I'm hoping for NO storms today!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive