Interview with the hero from Homecoming Blessing by Merrillee Whren:
1. Peter Dalton, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m a pretty boring guy probably because I work too much. I hate to think that the most interesting thing about me is my ability to make a business plan and stick to it, but that’s about it.
2. What do you do for fun?
Fun? What’s that? In recent years, I’ve been too busy to have fun. But I have to admit working with Ashley Hiatt is fun in itself. She keeps me on my toes. There is never a dull moment when she is around.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I put off admitting that I’m wrong. I hate to say I’m sorry because I like to have the upper hand in every situation.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid of having my heart broken again. My fiancée’s betrayal fifteen years ago has made me wary of any serious relationship with a woman.
5. What do you want out of life?
Ever since I came to work for Hiatt Construction, my dream has been to eventually step into Richard Hiatt’s shoes when he retires and run his company.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
My family is most important to me. I almost lost my brothers—one to war injuries and the other to cancer. I’ve learned to appreciate them a lot more.
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I’ve always loved to read. I especially enjoy thrillers, mysteries and any books that deal with espionage. I don’t do as much reading as I used to because I’m much too busy with my job. Since I’ve been working with Ashley, I’ve been reading my Bible a lot more, too.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d like to be more spontaneous. I’m all about plans and sticking to the plan. Ashley’s presence in my life has put me in a more spontaneous mode. I find myself buying her little gifts on the spur of the moment—something I’ve never done before.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have no pets. I work long hours, and I’m afraid I wouldn’t have the time to give a pet the attention it deserves.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’m a construction guy. I like to build things. So if I could go back in time, I’d like to go back to ancient Egypt and see how they built the pyramids.