How exciting to have Callie Moreau from Bayou Sweetheart, a January 2014 release by Lenora Worth from Love Inspired Romance.
1. Callie, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m not that interesting. I own a nursery and I’m a landscaper. I love being outdoors in my garden or at the nursery. That’s my thing. It brings me closer to God and that comforts me.
2. What do you do for fun?
Fun? Well, I always enjoy hanging out with my two younger sisters. We’re planning a wedding for one and the other one is going to have a baby. I’m so happy for both of them. I guess I’ll be the divorced older sister with the big dog named Elvis for the rest of my life. I don’t think getting married again is in my future. (Even if my sisters are pestering me about the mysterious owner of Fleur House.)
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Right now, I’m dreading going back to Fleur House to start work on a massive garden design. This is my biggest job yet and Tomas Delacorte (that mysterious man I mentioned earlier) does something to my soul that scares me. But Elvis loves him. J
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid of falling in love again. I’m kind of worried about that since I had breast cancer and my husband bailed on me. Couldn’t handle it, I guess. I won’t go through that again. Ever.
5. What is the most important thing to you? My family, my work and my faith. And right now, all three of being tested. Tomas is beginning to be important to me and that just won’t work.
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I love books. My favorite—Wuthering Heights. So tragic. Did I tell you that Tomas reminds me of Heathcliff? Oh, yes. Definitely the brooding lord of the manor type.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My need to heal hurt things. I can save a whole garden from dying and I can bring a mutt named Elvis back to good health. But this need to take hurting people and heal them, well, I should just leave that to God. I want to help Tomas and I try but I should just walk away. Walk away, Callie J
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Well, I’ve mentioned Elvis already. He showed up at the nursery on a rainy day right after I’d been through so much in my life and I just knew I had to keep him. He was hungry and afraid but now he’s big and clumsy and so lovable. Even Tomas likes Elvis.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? Oh, that’s a hard one. I don’t travel much but I guess if I could, I’d love to go to Europe and see all the beautiful gardens on the large estates. I love Fleur House and kinda dreamed about living there one day. So it would be nice to see it when it was new and full of love and laughter. Yeah, I’d love some of that for myself. And … I wouldn’t mind traveling forward a bit—to see my sweet mama in heaven. She died of breast cancer a few years ago. It would be nice to get a hug from her right now.