How exciting to have Jo Beth McCoy, the heroine from The Marshal’s Ready-Made Family, written by Sherri Shackelford. This book is a February 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance .
1. JoBeth McCoy tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I work as a telegraph officer in Cimarron Springs, KS. The folks at Wells Fargo figured they should hire women because they could pay us less. Since it’s one of the few ways for women to make any money in the 1880’s I figured I’d give it a try.
2. What do you do for fun?
I like target practice. I can shoot a tin can off a fence post from across the field. I like spending time with my family – and that includes five younger brothers. Growing up the only girl with all those boys made me tough.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I’m not much for playing house or dressing up. I’d rather be out working in the barn.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Can’t think of anything I’m afraid of.
5. What do you want out of life?
I’d like a family of my own. Being a tomboy, all of the boys in Cimarron Springs see me as a buddy rather than someone they’d court.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
My family is the most important thing to me. I’m very protective of my parents and my brothers.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Nothing. I like myself just fine.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I like snakes. But most folks don’t think they make suitable pets.
9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
Modern inventions are creeping their way into our lives now. Alexander Graham Bell has already patented the telephone, and Thomas Edison has already invented the incandescent light bulb.