Sunday, February 23, 2014

Her Valentine Sheriff Interview

How exciting to have Mary Travis, the heroine from Her Valentine Sheriff by Deb Kastner, a February 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1.  Mary, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
            I’ve been Serendipity’s town vet for several years, but now I’m branching out to follow my dream of owning a dog-training kennel, providing K-9s to local small-town police departments that would otherwise not be able to have them.  I’m super excited about training my first team, but I’m nervous, as well.  I’m great with training dogs--men, not so much.  The success of my new kennel depends on how well this first team-in-training does, and wouldn’t you know, the police captain had to go and appoint Deputy Sheriff Eli Bishop, the one man I’m not sure I can work with.  My sister’s ex-fiancĂ©e.  Awkward!
 
2.  What do you do for fun?
            I guess I’m super-blessed because I can’t imagine anything more fun than the work I do.  My dogs make every day exciting.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
            I don’t want to go to Serendipity’s Valentine’s Social.  I have nothing against the holiday in general, but who wants to spend the evening holding up a post while watching happy couples celebrate their love?  Plus, my best friends Samantha and Alexis will try to push all the single men on me.  I’d rather stay home and catch up on my paperwork. 
            I
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
            Being alone, I guess.  Maybe that’s why I keep so many dogs around me.  My fur-babies never disappoint me.

5.  What do you want out of life?
            I’ve been putting my whole heart into making sure my kennel is successful, but the truth is there’s an empty space in my heart that even my work can’t fill.  Don’t tell Samantha this, or I’ll never hear the end of it, but I’d like to find the kind of love and happiness she has with her husband Will.  I have a wonderful life with my dogs, but someday I’d like to see my house full of children.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
            I can’t name just one.  My faith.  My dogs.  My friends.  My kennel.

7.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
            I’ve been putting all of my time into my new business, so I don’t get much of a chance to read.  When I do, it’s usually a book on dog-training methodology.

8.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
            This may sound shallow, but I would like to be more like my best friends, the Little Chicks.  Samantha is so beautiful inside and out, and Alexis is so naturally bubbly and outgoing.  I envy them.

9.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
            Ha, ha.  I have a house full of dogs—a few of my own, and then those I foster and the K-9’s I’m training.  My black Lab Sebastian is my primary Search and Rescue dog.  He’s pretty much always by my side.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

            I’m not sure I’d want to travel back in time.  Life is about moving forward, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive