Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A New Beginning



Hi, Patty Smith Hall here. As many of you are aware,  Love Inspired Historical, the line I write for, will publish the last set of books this June. It's always difficult to see a line end, particularly when it's closing directly affects you. I won't say I didn't see it coming--just one look at the sales numbers over the last few years, and you wonder why they didn't do it sooner. Many who wrote for this line are venturing into contemporary or romantic suspense while others are still trying to figure out where to go from here.

For me, it's been an easy decision. I love reading and writing historical romance and fiction so changing genres was never an option for me. But I've been blessed since word of the closing hit. Last year, I was published in three novella collections(The American Heiress Bride, Seven Brides for Seven Mail-Order Husbands
and The Captive Bride.) This summer, I'll have two more released--The Underground Railroad Bride and The Southern Belle Bride. I'm also working on a historical fiction that I hope will be published sometime next year.

That being said, I feel it's time to say good-bye. It's been difficult as I've read Harlequin books since I was eleven years old, and it was my dearest dream to write for them since the late 1980s. But times have changed--though I still read Love Inspired, there are other dreams to follow.

So thank you, readers. You are the reason I write in the first place. I'm honored and humbled that you would read my 'scratchings' as Jo March would say. Thank you to the LI editorial staff for giving me the opportunity to live out my dream and teaching me how to be a better writer. Thank you to my LI sisters who have talked me through plot points and tough times. You are some of the most generous people I know.

And thank you, Lord! You began this work in me when I was barely a child, and gave me the dreams of my heart. How great you are, Father! I can't wait to see what You have in store for me next!

PS--Don't miss the first installment of the Valentine's Day tomorrow! It's going to be fantastic fun!

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss the LI Historicals, but it's good to know that we'll be able to read your stories elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your new journeys in writing wherever they may take you. God bless you as you write for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm so glad you are continuing to write historicals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, it's been lovely sharing this journey at LIH with you. How thrilling that your stories will continue through other ventures. Best wishes as the journey continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best as you move on. May God richly bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad for all the wonderful authors affected by the closing of the Love Inspired Historical line, especially since for many, LIH was their open door to publication. Wishing you all the best in your new ventures, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, I know God has more stories that He wants you to write to touch his people. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Good things, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad to hear about Love Inspired Historical line ending, but...I believe God will open more doors for you, Patty :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes to you, Patty! I know you'll find your place! We will miss you but keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive