Friday, January 26, 2018

New to the Blog

Hi everyone!

I'm Sarah Price and I'm so honored to be a part of the Love Inspired blog.

I've been writing Amish romances since 1989. In fact, my first novel, Fields of Corn, was written after I spent time living on an Amish farm in 1988-1989.

My family is Mennonite and in 1978, my grandparents took me to Lancaster, PA. One look at those farms and the horses...I was hooked!

So ten years later, I played a little hooky from college and set off to find an Amish family to rent me a room.

The result of that adventure is the basis of Fields of Corn. In fact, the first half of the story is almost 100% true. But then I ventured off the beaten path--like so many authors do--into the world of "what-if?"

In 2009, I self-published that book. Fifty novels later and several publishers into my career, I'm thrilled that Love Inspired is publishing my very first novel written almost thirty years ago! 

Fields of Corn will be available at Walmart exclusively starting January 31st. I am excited (and nervous!) to hear what you think of the book that launched my writing career. (Wow...put that way and I'm really nervous! 😳)

I split my time between Morristown, NJ and Archer, FL. We live on a twenty acre horse ranch where my daughter trains wild mustangs--I just fall OFF the mustangs and break ribs from time to time 😁.

I hope you'll follow me on social media. I livestream about my crazy life every morning of Facebook (http//www.facebook.com/fansofsarahprice) and I'm on Instagram (@sarahpriceauthor).

Hugs and blessings!
Photos below...Some of my writing shadows..



13 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Welcome to the blog and to Love Inspired.

    I have a book that I wrote 30 years ago that is still the book of my heart. It did really well on the contest circuit, but publishers told me no one wanted to read about the American Revolution. With all the sudden surge of interest in that period, I've been tempted to dust it off and try it out again.

    I won't be seeing Fields of Corn in Walmart because we don't have any of those around here, but I wish you the best of luck!

    I loved reading about your experience. How daring you were. I hope you'll write more about it on future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you publish it because I love that era! I'd read it in a heartbeat!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome Sarah, I'm delighted you have joined the Love Inspired family. You'll find it a warm and welcoming place. I've been following your career for a while now and I'm excited to read your first novel. Best of luck in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patricia! And I look forward to getting to know you better. I currently have two of your books on my nightstand!!!! 😁

      Delete
  3. Welcome, Sarah. Good to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Sarah! I look forward to reading your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always nervous when a book is published. I'm really nervous about this one because it was my first and I know I've evolved so much since then. #nerves. 😬

      Delete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive