Interview with the heroine of DREAMING OF HOME (Steeple Hill Love Inspired October 2009) by Glynna Kaye:
1. MEGAN McGUIRE tell me the most interesting thing about you. Oh, wow. Most interesting, huh? I thought you said these questions would be EASY. I don’t know that I’m the best person to answer this. Maybe you should ask Joe Diaz. ☺
2. What do you do for fun? Oooh, now that’s a much easier question. I love teaching science to high school kids. Yes, I honestly DO find that fun! And I love anything having to do with being around water. I grew up in Phoenix, so swimming pools were a way of life almost year-round. And water skiing, boating, float trips. Even fishing. (I think the fishing revelation kind of blew Joe away.) And speaking of fun, hanging out with that good-lookin’ Joe and his cute son Davy tops the list!
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? I don’t like confrontation. Or having to say something or do something that might possibly hurt someone’s feelings or make them angry. Or cleaning the bathroom.
4. What are you afraid of most in life? Of not taking the time to listen to what God has to say and subsequently getting myself far off track from where he wants me to be. I know he can find me, bring me back, but I’d rather stick as close to him as I can to begin with.
5. What do you want out of life? No major regrets. I want to look back on my life and know that I lived it to the full as best that God has enabled me in the time he’s allotted. I want to know that my time on earth has made a positive difference in someone else’s life—like my students as well as Joe, and Davy.
6. What is the most important thing to you? God. Family. Teaching. Dark chocolate.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read? I read everything from newspapers to the backs of cereal boxes. Fiction. Non-fiction. You name it.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d trust God more. Or ______ SOMETHING FUNNY
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? Skooter is my blue betta (also known as a Siamese Fighting Fish, so he’s got spunk!). I read somewhere that aquariums are good stress relievers and since I’ve been going through a really hard time in my life …well, my little blue buddy and I have become fast friends. He’s a great listener!
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I’d love to go back to Canyon Springs at the time my Aunt Julie lived there. She’s always told such wonderful stories about small town life and how her teachers there inspired her. In fact, her stories inspired me to be a teacher and put the dream of teaching in Canyon Springs in my heart. Growing up in metropolitan Phoenix, I’d love to experience the town as it was when she was young, even for just a few days.